Microsoft is known as being an evil company. Isn’t it? During the past few years Microsoft used to be dominant in the market with its products and services like; operation systems, office programs and development tools by following unethical methods. So, something happened and all went wrong for them.
In my opinion, change was technology itself nothing else. Linux, Web, Web 2.0, mobile devices, platform independent tools, Web 3.0 … etc. Microsoft has followed same strategies over the years and succeeded but it didn’t work for this time. Microsoft may be an evil or not but, now, they are not acting like an evil.
There has been significant changes at Microsoft’s product strategy, like; considering other browsers, cross platform products (silverlight), contributing to open source (asp.net MVC) …etc. They are not ignoring now, they are considering options different than Microsoft.
I’m not sure about Microsoft’s being evil or good but I’m sure one thing; they imitate not innovate. That’s why I’m not a Microsoft guy.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Moonlight 1.0 puts Silverlight on Linux (infoworld.com)
- Your New Toy ASP.NET MVC 1.0 is Ready !!! (mehmetalierturk.com)
- Tampa MVC Web Developer Group Website and Meetings (codebetter.com)
- ASP.NET MVC RTM, Documentation, and Videos (webdevdotnet.blogspot.com)
- Introduction to the ASP.NET MVC Framework (codebetter.com)