Upgrading to Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks breaks OMNET++, some actions required to get it working correctly. Here is the steps that I followed;
- Install latest Xcode 5.0.1 from Mac App Store
- Install command line tools xcode-select –install
- Install macports Mavericks build
- Install gcc version 4.7 via macports
sudo port selfupdate
sudo port install gcc47
sudo port select –set gcc mp-gcc47
After this point you can compile OMNET++ and get working but, I faced problems when running simulations like missing icons/images in simulation. I think Tcl library has issues with Mavericks, in my case it has to reinstall too.
- sudo port install tcl
sudo port install tcllib
- Now, edit configure.user in OMNET++ source directory
TK_LIBS=”-L/opt/local/lib -ltk8.6 -ltcl8.6″
- Now you can follow OMNET++ standard installation instructions.