I have been seeking hot topics in semantic web for one week to find a suitable (to me) research subject. I decided to make a summary using what I’ve collected so far. This summary is about what would be more important at the near future and the data (mainly) depends on European Semantic Web Conference (ESWC) topics of interest.
Some topics that would be more important:
- Semantic Web Data and Ontologies have been discussed for years but Interoperability of data on the Semantic Web is becoming more popular.
- Semantic Web Services and service standards, testing, monitoring, security issues.
- Semantics in P2P Computing
- Interoperability of applications on the Semantic Web
- Data mining on the Semantic Web
- Social networks and Semantic Web
- Semantic Web for collaboration and cooperation
- Usability, performance, scalability issues for Semantic Web technologies
Semantic Web Services and Data mining on the Semantic Web seem to be more suitable for me but I haven’t found what I really want. I should keep searching and asking to people about semantic technologies.